If you are planning to travel Portugal, then the first thing that you need to take care is that you are applying for the right kind of visa. It is mandatory to check if you are applying for the right type of visa because you being a leisure traveller definitely won’t like to travel Portugal as business traveller with Business Visa.
So here are we explaining about the different types of visas and their specifications. First is –
1. Tourist Visa – The tourist visa will be issued on three conditions Employed/ Self Employed/Unemployed.
Here Are The Requirements of Tourist Visa
1. The Valid Original Passport of Applicant – The passport should not be expired before expected return date. There should be two blank pages in the passport. UK residency permit of the applicant must be included in the passport or in the new bio metric card. If the passport of the applicant contains any visa stamps then the applicant has to provide both old and new passport.
2. Passport Size Photograph – You have to submit, 2 colour Passport size photograph which should be in either white background or pale gray background. The pictures should not be older than 1 month and it should be without wearing any fashionable glasses and head coverings.
3. The Schengen Visa Application Form – The visa application form contains a total number of 27 column and the last declaration column will be filled by the applicant with his/her signature and along with guardian’s signature.
Application Form For Each Applicant – DOWNLOAD HERE
4. Employment Letter – This include your Appointment letter or your agreement letter of your current organisation with your payslip of last three months. The Letter should not be older than 30 days from your visa application. The employment letter that you submit must reflects all the agreements such as working hours and any pocket monies received, everything should be clearly mentioned in the employer letter clearly in the same.
5. Travel Insurance – The insurance must cover the entire period of your stay in the Schengen area. Insurance cover must be provided by the bank. It should confirm on the original letter head of bank’s letterhead. The confirmation should not be older than 30 days before the date of your application.
If the travel insurance is taken out at the post office, it should be accompanied by the original receipt as well as the policy brochure.
There are certain documents that you need to carry, those are –
1. You have to ensure that you have got your valid tickets. It whether you are going to travel by flight, train or bus.
2. You have to provide your registration certificate, car insurance, driving license, M.O.T and ferry or Eurotunnel freight booking in case if you are travelling by the car. If you (applicant) is not the driver of the car and are accompanying as a passenger, than all the above mentioned docs of the driver would be provided. With that event the driver should also provide a letter confirming that the applicant is accompanying him or her in the passenger car.
3. The third thing that you have to provide under travel documents is your Ferry Tickets.
Accommodation Details –
1. Applicant has to submit confirmation of the applicant’s hotel booking, received either by a fax or email. This hotel confirmation must state the name of the applicant, intended dates of his/her stay with the address of the hotel along with his/her contact details.
2. If the accommodation of the applicant is sponsored by a French resident like friends or family, then an original “Attestation Accursed” must be provided by the inviting party in Portugal. The same can be obtained from the local town hall or Police station in Portugal.
Financial Requirements –
1. You need to show original one month bank statement with your (applicant’s) name and address and also a balance of at least £55.00 per person / per day for each intended day of stay in France. Make sure that the bank statement that you submit must not be older than 30 days from the date of your application.
In case if your bank statement being older than 30 days, then a printout of your same bank account showing updated balance can also be shown when asked. It will work with either applicant’s name on statement or bank official stamp on it as confirmation.
2. In case if you being an applicant will not able to submit the bank statement than you may also provide EURO travellers choose to the value of £60.00 per person/per day for your intended days of stay in Portugal.